I heard this saying once & it stuck with me, “no one talks to you more than you“.
It’s so true!!
Do these sound familiar?
- “Oh! I can’t forget to grab milk at the grocery.”
- “Ugh, I shouldn’t have said that. I know how she reacts when I talk about that.”
Sure they do!
We all make little mental notes all day long.
The danger comes when those thoughts are lies we repeat.
Do these sounds familiar?
- “I’m never getting that promotion…”
- “I’m just not good enough.”
- “No one will ever love me for me.”
- “I’m never going to lose this weight.”
- “I work so hard, but you can’t tell.”
- “Ugh, (pinches thigh), this cellulite is never going away.”
Honestly, these are things we all say.
Unfortunately, it’s all too common.
But, we don’t have to just continue that negative cycle! We have to start by replacing those negative thoughts with positive thoughts.
I’m not saying ignore the fact that things might be difficult. That wouldn’t be very authentic.
Instead, reinforce the fact that you aren’t giving up. You aren’t playing the victim card. You’re making effort (no matter how small) towards reaching your goals.
Take a look at these replacements:
Our thoughts are so powerful. I spent years trapped by my thoughts. Positive self-talk has been the most useful tool I’ve used to get out of that negative frame of mind.
Next week, I’ll be talking about action steps. Taking those positive thoughts about BIG decisions & slowly putting them into motion.
It’s empowering!! [check it out here]
I love hearing from you! Join us in our Facebook community: Fit Me Forever & share about a situation or period of time where you used positive self-talk to turn your mindset from negative to positive.
Join us in The OMNI FIT Facebook Community: Fit Me Forever
We’d love to hear about your goals and what you’re doing to achieve them.